By being a member of a congregation, you contribute to the backbone of Judaism throughout the world.
- You help maintain Jewish community life and traditions. It's through synagogues that the traditions are kept alive.
- You help maintain Jewish learning.
- You help support the good works done by this congregation.
By being a member of Congregation Berith Sholom, you enjoy all of these tangible and intangible benefits:
- Enrolling your children in Religious School and providing them with a Jewish peer group
- Children celebraging Bar/Bat Mitzvah in a meaningful way
- Children serving as madrichim, giving them post-Religious School education and ongoing Jewish peer group
- Studying for and celebrating Confirmation
- Discounted rate to send your children to Reform summer camp
- Priority acceptance on Reform Birthright trips with a recommendation from your rabbi
- Use of the premises at lower or no cost for celebrating simchas or personal events
- Adult B'nei Mitzvah
- Reduced charge for adult study classes
- The opportunity to get involved in synagogue governance
- Hospital and home visits from your rabbi and the Lev B' Lev caring community
- No charge for having a rabbi at your life cycle events, including namings, bris, B'nei Mitzvah, weddings, renewal of vows, funerals
- Recommendations from your rabbi for Jewish or other programs,including arranging ORthodox verification of your Jewish status for making aliyah
- Community connections that form over time and support you and your family in good times and bad
- We say Kaddish for your parents for the year after their death, whether or not you are in attendance at services